Erasmus+ Doctoral Mobility for Traineeships
Enrolled doctoral students can participate in Erasmus+ student mobility for internships.
The funding opportunities for doctoral students include:
- long-term internships abroad
- short-term stays (optionally in combination with a virtual phase from home) and
- blended mobilities with a short-term physical stay abroad and a virtual phase.
PhD students with an employment contract with EUC can also participate in Erasmus+ staff mobility, mainly for Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility.
- Erasmus+ long-term doctoral mobility Erasmus+ traineeship
The funded duration of the activity should be between 2 to 12 months. The eligibility conditions for PhD students are the same, as the general Erasmus+ Student Mobility Traineeship activities require.
- Erasmus+ short-term doctoral mobility Erasmus+ traineeship
The activity require a physical period abroad of 5 to 30 days. An additional virtual activity at EUC is optional.
- Blended doctoral mobility Erasmus+ internship
Activities that combine a physical activity abroad of 5 to 30 days and a mandatory virtual activity at EUC. There is no time limit for the virtual phase.
Additional support grant to cover supplementary costs for the activity abroad may be provided in case of fewer opportunities applications. (Link to the additional support)
Mobility grant for the time spent abroad:
|Mobility period||Mobility grant||Possible additional grant
for “fewer opportunities “*
|Possible additional grant
for sustainable travel
|Day 5-14 of physical mobility||70 Euro per day||if applicable, additional
100 Euro (one-time payment)
|if applicable, 50 Euro
|Day 15-30 of physical mobility||50 Euro per day||if applicable, additional
150 Euro (one-time payment)
|if applicable, 50 Euro
No subsidy will be paid for the virtual period.
PhD students interested in participating in the Erasmus+ Doctoral Mobility for Traineeships should submit to the Erasmus Office the below documents at least 2 months before the beginning of the mobility activity:
- the Letter of Intent
- a short description of the internship project abroad
- in case of a short-term mobility application, please submit a short statement clarifying the reason for not contacting a long-term internship abroad,
- the Enrollment Department Consent form, signed by your Enrollment Department Advisor.
- the graduation certificate issued by the Enrollment Department, in case of mobility for recent graduates:
- EUC Erasmus+ mobility procedure & documents for traineeship.