The Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program 2022
The Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program supports the mobility cooperation with non-EU countries. Only institutions from Program countries (i.e. EU countries) are eligible to submit applications for international mobility and if approved will be able to grant inbound and outbound mobility to/from Partner countries (i.e. non-EU countries).
- Duration of the program: 24-36 months
- Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) should be able to organize their first international mobility flow in August.
- Mobility can be both incoming and outgoing and funding comes from the EU budget for external cooperation
- All non-EU country institutions must be HEIs (accredited by the relevant national accreditation body) and have signed inter-institutional agreements (IIA) with their EU country partners before the mobility takes place
- As the HEIs in non-EU countries do not hold an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE), the inter-institutional agreements for international mobility have been adapted in order to include the principles of the Charter
- All non-EU country HEIs must have a PIC number
- Non-EU countries are referred to as Partner Countries. EU countries are referred to as Program countries.
- students for studies: 2 to 12 months
- students for traineeship: 2 to 12 months, (eligible for recent graduates, doctoral mobility)
- staff mobility: 5 days to 2 months, “days of travel” are extra (for teaching mobility 8 hours teaching per week).
- Outgoing student mobility: €700 per month
- Incoming students: €850 per month
- Outgoing staff mobility: €180 per day
- Incoming staff mobility: €160 per day
for travel costs and depending on the distance (the Distance calculator must be used) from €180 to €1500 per participant
Steps to follow before the completion of the application
- Before the call’s deadline, an Inter-Institutional Agreement between a university at a partner country and EUC should be in place, or at least positive feedback for an agreement must have been received.
- Use your contacts to the countries and universities you would like to propose, in order to examine possible cooperation grounds with your Department.
- Describe in the proposal the main activities the cooperation will include.
- The proposal should be linked and make reference to the Internalization Policy of EUC.
- Submit your proposals and answers to the Quality Questions to the Erasmus Office, upon the deadline set.
- The Committee on International Relations, Programs and Mobility will evaluate the proposals and agree on the finalists for the application.
List of Participating Countries
|Region 1||Western Balkans||Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo21, Montenegro|
|Region 2||Neighbourhood East||Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Territory of Ukraine as recognized by international law|
|Region 3||South-Mediterranean countries||Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine23, Syria, Tunisia|
|Region 4||Russian Federation||Territory of Russia as recognised by international law|
|Region 5||Asia||Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, DPR Korea, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam, High income countries: Brunei, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Macao, Singapore and Taiwan|
|Region 6||Central Asia||Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan|
|Region 7||Middle East||Iran, Iraq, Yemen, High income countries: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates|
|Region 8||Pacific||Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, High income countries: Australia, New Zealand|
|Region 9||Sub-Saharan Africa||Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo – Democratic Republic of the, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
|Region 10||Latin America||Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela|
|Region 11||Caribbean||Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad & Tobago|
|Region 12||US and Canada||United States of America, Canada|
|Region 13||Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City State|
|Region 14||Faroe Islands, Switzerland, United Kingdom|